Together with you as a foundation, we can actively and innovatively tackle the major challenges in the field of eye health worldwide.
Using subsidies for a sustainable impact
We use your donation with the aim of achieving the greatest possible social impact in our now 11 program countries. Educating people about eye health and providing basic optical care to materially needy groups of people leads to a better quality of life for those affected. This applies to schoolchildren and young people as well as middle-aged and elderly people.
Over 950 million people are affected by correctable defective vision (source: WHO). A recent study* shows that half of the world's population will be short-sighted by 2050. Further projections assume that 1 billion people will be blind.
*Joint study by the Brien Holden Vision Institute, the University of New South Wales and the Eye Research Institute in Singapore
Successes in over ten years of development cooperation
eye tests carried out since foundation
glasses issued since foundation
jobs created in the Global South
What you can expect from us:
- We ensure the sustainability of our work through long-term commitment and the establishment of viable structures in our program countries.
- We work in harmony with local health initiatives and government organizations and promote help for self-help.
- We ensure the effective use of funds, incorporate the latest impulses from ophthalmology and pay attention to continuous quality control.
- We measure our impact and focus on the results in order to achieve a high social impact.
- We report to you promptly, comprehensively and according to your wishes and specifications on the progress of your funding.
- We make a demonstrable contribution to achieving 11 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. More information here.
The most important facts for you in brief:
The statutory purpose of the EinDollarBrille association
(1) The purpose of the association is to promote development aid and public health.
(2) This purpose is to be achieved in particular by
- supporting and implementing direct development aid and public health measures, particularly in the field of ophthalmic optics,
- supporting other organizations with the same objectives by providing expertise, specialist personnel and material and financial resources,
- raising funds for use in its own development aid and public health measures and for forwarding to other organizations with similar objectives, and
- informing the public about development aid and public health issues, particularly in the field of ophthalmic optics in developing countries.